Our Chemistry.com Review Bottom Line:
- GOOD: Membership includes an accurate personality appraisal tool.
- BAD: You don’t get access to all of their profiles, only daily matches.
- TAKEAWAY: It’s Christian filters are lacking, so go with eharmony for an even better personality tool and Christian filters.
Did you know that Chemistry.com is a sister site of Match.com? ‘Tis true, ‘tis true. (It’s amazing the nuggets of information one can acquire while reviewing the Best Christian Dating Sites.) We’ve heard people say that Chemistry.com is like Match’s answer to eharmony. And, after working on this Chemistry.com review, we think that’s a fair assessment.
We haven’t found a site that can quite compare to the rating we gave to eharmony. And let us be clear, especially for those of you who are just joining us, it’s not because we know anyone at eharmony or because we found the love of our lives there. It’s just that when we take an objective look at the Best Christian Dating sites, it ranks the highest.
Everyone approaches online dating with different ideas about what is most important in a site. Some people want to control their search results, others want to ensure their privacy is secure, and others don’t care about anything but volume—tons of profiles to choose from.
With that in mind, it’s best that we just give you the pros and cons of Chemistry.com, so you can make an educated decision about whether or not this particular site is the one for you.
Chemistry.com Review :: Pros
- Chemistry.com highly touts their personality test by Dr. Helen Fisher as their golden tool for matching you with other profiles. While it’s nowhere near as extensive as the eharmony assessment, it still seems to be an accurate appraisal of our personality. Besides, if it’s still accurate but it takes less time, we declare that to be a definite win.
- In an age where our lives revolve around computers, website aesthetics matter. Chemistry.com is a clean, well-designed site. Its lack of clutter is refreshing, and it manages to include various aspects while still feeling streamlined.
- Chemistry.com offers several options that can’t be found on other sites. For instance, you can request that your profile be considered for “Member Spotlight,” which will allow your profile to be highlighted on the site and its partner channels for up to two weeks. There are also “Chemistry Starters,” or games you can play to get to know a match better.
- The price for Chemistry.com’s membership is competitive with that of other sites—the most expensive being a one-month membership for $39.99. Although, it must be noted that after we opened an account, we delayed paying for membership and were soon offered a half-price deal on a 3-month membership.
Chemistry.com Review :: Cons
- The profile of a match on Chemistry.com looks similar yet different than those on other sites. You get all the basic information on your match that you would on another site; however, you get very little information about your match that has been written in his/her own words. There is a place for a greeting and there is one box where you can write a 2000-character paragraph, but that’s it. The only other way you are to let your matches know about yourself is through a series of multiple-choice questions, checking boxes about your interests, and the information that your personality assessment reveals to them. Evidently, Chemistry.com relies so heavily on this assessment that they don’t think you need to help them out by adding your own voice.
- If the point of our reviews is to assist people who are searching for Christian dating sites, we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention that out of the 18 questions we answered about ourselves and our match preferences, only 2 questions were about our own faith and one about the faith of our matches. This is especially important when you remember the above information—you don’t get to put much other information in your profile. It can be quite difficult to gauge another person’s level of spirituality through this site. Also, Chemistry is not specifically Christian, so don’t be surprised when you see the option to search for same-sex profiles.
- Chemistry.com is a closed site. Translation: they don’t provide a buffet of profiles for you to choose from. You are given your daily matches with a maximum of 10—5 up front and then 5 more that you can request. They do have a “Stream,” which is similar to a Facebook feed. Through the “Stream,” you are able to see other profiles—not necessarily matches—who have been active recently by either adding a picture, answering a question, or updating their profile. You can reach out to them if you choose, but even then, you are not given access to their database of profiles.
- Like we’ve mentioned before, it’s difficult to pin down membership numbers on most online dating sites. Chemistry.com tells patrons to “Take the test that over 8,000,000 people worldwide have already taken that will give you insight into yourself and your potential dates.” Eight million is a comprehensive number, meaning since it began. It does not mean that there are 8 million active members at this time. In fact, it’s even more difficult to tell how many members are active since we can’t conduct a search within our zip code radius. When dealing with a site that is not one of the top 2–like eharmony or Match–it can be frustrating to find enough matches in your geographic area.
- Chemistry.com does not have a mobile app. The lack of a mobile dating app in this day and age is surprising, especially considering it’s owned by the same company that owns Match.com and Tinder.
Despite its accurate personality assessment, we ended up feeling our money could be better spent on another site than Chemistry.com–namely, #1 rated Harmony (Read our review here) or Chemistry’s sister site Match.com (Read our review here).
Current Online Dating Deals:
Last Updated: 4/17/2019
eharmony (USA Offers):
- Special Promo Link & Code: Get 25% Off Any 1-Month, 6-Month, or 12-Month Membership at eharmony! Use this link & code at checkout: SINGLEROOTS25
eharmony (Canada Offers):
- Get 30% Off a 6-Month Membership at eharmony.ca with code EHCODECA
- Save 15% off a 12 month subscription to eharmony.ca with code: EHCOUPONCA
Match.com (USA Offers):
- 74% OFF Match.com Subscription ~ Limited Time Link!
20% OffNow, 25% Off Discount Link
- 3 Day FREE Trial Link
Match.com (UK Offers):
- EXCLUSIVE Promo: Get a
10-day17-Day ChristianCafe.com FREE trial! Use this LINK to get offer :: Use Promo Code: SingleRoots17
Best Christian Dating Sites Rankings
|Monthly Price Range||Number of Members||Ease of Use||Christian Filters||Best Deal Link|
|$19.95 to $59.95|
Tip: How to Get an eharmony Free Trial
|High||Simple||Excellent||25% Off 1-Month, 3-Month or 6-Month Membership! Use this link with this code at checkout: SINGLEROOTS25|
|$16.99 to $36.99||High||Quite a Few Details||Fair||25% off discount link for Match.com|
|$16.99 to $32.99||High||Option-Overload||Good||Review your Christian Mingle matches for free!|
|$8.99 to $34.97||Medium||Option-Overload||Excellent||EXCLUSIVE 17-Day Free Trial! Use this link with this code at checkout: SINGLEROOTS17|
|$12.99||Low||Simple||Excellent||2-Week Free Trial|