Our eHarmony Review Bottom Line:
- GOOD: The oldest and largest online dating site
- BAD: You have less control on eHarmony than you do on other sites
- TAKEAWAY: We think you’re more likely to find like-minded Christian matches on eHarmony than on any other online dating site.
Before we started this whole Best Christian Dating Sites review process, we would’ve bet that more Christians have tried eHarmony than any of the other sites. So we decided to do an eHarmony review first. Because, well, the members of the SingleRoots team have tried it, and a lot of our friends have, too.
In fact, when most (married) people pat us on the arm and ask us if we’ve tried online dating, they don’t even use the term “online dating.” They say, “Have you thought about getting on eHarmony?”
It’s the go-to site.
And our initial research indicated that of the people we interviewed, more of them had tried eHarmony than any other Christian dating site. While people might dislike it, we’ve found it seems to be a site that more of us are comfortable with—flaws and all.
Maybe it’s the fact that our profiles aren’t thrown into a sea of other profiles where everyone and their brother or sister has access to it. Or, maybe it’s the fact that it was founded by Dr. Neil Clark Warren, a man who’s supposedly on “our” team, and we trust “our” people, even if their company isn’t explicitly “Christian.” (Christians jump on Christian bandwagons? Noooo. Never.) Then again, it could just be that it’s one of the industry leaders and one of the first to market itself to Christians. For whatever reason, we don’t think it’s too much of an overgeneralization to say that a lot of Christians try eHarmony first.
But that’s not why it scored so well in our rating of the Best Christian Dating Sites. Since it did score so highly, though, we thought we’d do an eHarmony review as our first individual one.
eHarmony Review :: Pros
- The site is easy to use. It has a modern, clean feel to it, and it doesn’t take a college degree in computers to figure out how to navigate it. There aren’t a lot of extra bells and whistles to eHarmony that you find on other sites. While some may see this as a “con,” when compared with how confusing those others’ bells and whistles are, we see it as refreshing.
- Finding like-minded Christians on other sites can be like finding a needle in a haystack sometimes. Depending on the site, you might have to read a lot of text on a lot of profiles to decide if someone calls him/herself a “Christian” in name only or if he/she loves the Lord wholeheartedly and lives to serve Him. While eHarmony is not perfect, there’s something to be said for their 29 Dimensions of Compatibility testing (as lengthy as it may be). That, combined with stricter setting options for choosing how important commonalities in faith are with your matches, help give eHarmony a slight edge in this department.
- Another pro is the very thing we mentioned above: the sheer number of people on the site. It’s one of the biggest—if not the biggest—and chances are, you’re not going to run out of matches anytime soon with as many new members as they add daily. When it comes to dating, can you really have too many options? Exactly.
- And if you read their fine print, you can even get yourself a 3-Day Free Trial. (We show you how here)
eHarmony Review :: Cons
- eHarmony can be slightly expensive when signing up for one month only. $59.95 ain’t cheap. But they do offer discounts if you buy in bulk. Not Costco bulk, but more than one-month-at-a-time bulk. And again, if you read the fine print like we have, there’s a way to ease your buying decision by understanding how to test drive it for free for 3 days.
- One of our biggest complaints is that if someone is not a paying member, you have no way of knowing. So, while eHarmony has a ton of members, they also have a ton of non-paying ones as well. That profile with the cute guy/girl who leaks Jesus and seems like the perfect match for you? Well, he/she may or may not be able to communicate with you because he/she may or may not still be a member. This is a big detractor, but we can’t dock eHarmony too much in this area since it is not the only site that allows this to occur. However, if you decide to shell out major bucks and get their Premier membership, they’ll allow you to communicate with anyone–even non-paying members.
- The other issue that most people have is the inability to see the entire database of eHarmony profiles. This isn’t a problem if you believe slow and steady wins the race since eHarmony sends you up to 7 profiles daily for your review. But if you’re a marathon dater…well, marathon daters aren’t taking the time to read this post anyway, so nevermind.
With that said, in our unbiased and impartial opinion, we think that eHarmony is the best Christian dating site for your buck right now.
Or first read how to take advantage of their 3-Day free trial.
Current Online Dating Coupons:eHarmony:
Save on a 12-Month eHarmony Subscription! Only $15.95/month (Promo Code : EHCODE12)
20% Off Discount
Get a 12-day FREE trial (Promo Code: EMAILFREE7)