A PerfectMatch.com review is the last one in our effort to individually assess each of the online dating sites in our Best Christian Dating Sites post.
Like many of you, the first time we ever heard of this site was in the movie Must Love Dogs. You know…the Diane Lane/John Cusack
classic rom-com. (No, not Serendipity.) Talk about product placement. Even now, when you sign up for a PerfectMatch.com account and you’re asked how you heard of the site, “I saw it on Must Love Dogs” is an option.
PerfectMatch.com is another site that is not exclusively Christian, but Christians use it, and it can be a tool for finding the love of your life–or, at least a date.
Let’s begin our PerfectMatch.com Review with what we like about the site.
PerfectMatch.com Review :: Pros
- Their DUET Total Compatibility System was a good personality assessment, and it wasn’t nearly as long as the eHarmony one. With 50+ questions, we didn’t find that we had to set aside an extended period of time to take it. Plus, once our account was set-up, we were able to answer a few more questions about our core values (religion, education, politics, environment, volunteering, etc.) and love and money (finances, debt, salaries, standard of living, etc.), which left us feeling as if we had given a quick snapshot of the things that were important to us.
- On September 1st, PerfectMatch.com will be launching a Dating On Demand service in partnership with Comcast. We’ve gotta hand it to them–it’s kinda cool. Basically, PerfectMatch.com will be hosting events all over where people can attend and get their profile videos made for free. If you’re a Comcast or Cox Cable Digital On Demand subscriber, you would then be able to view your video in their “Dating On Demand” service. If you were unable to attend an event, or there was not one in your area, you could still send a taped video of yourself to PerfectMatch.com and they would upload it for you. Not everyone will be comfortable with video, but for those who are, it sets PerfectMatch.com apart from the other services.
- PerfectMatch.com offers 5 ways to conduct a profile search: quick search (free to everyone, including unpaid members), keyword search, compatibility search, custom search, and Dating on Demand search. We also like the fact that search results give you some brief, important information up front (including religious preference), so you don’t have to actually click on the profile only to find out that the person is not a believer. We’re all about saving ourselves some time and effort.
PerfectMatch.com Review :: Cons
- Despite the fact that we had 5 different ways to search profiles and those resulted in a good number of profiles, once we clicked on the profiles, they just felt very wordy. There are different tabs across the top of each profile revealing different areas of information about the person. It wasn’t until tab #4 that we even got to the person’s own words. It felt like there was a ton of information to wade through to get to the things we were most interested in first reading–what the person had to say about him/herself. And not what they had to say about themselves from checking boxes off a list of options. We’re talking real words they typed in with their own fingers.
- We realize that PerfectMatch.com allows us the option of checking a box that we’re Christian, another sentence or two in the personality profiles that religion is important to us, and/or we attend services regularly, and the ability to do a keyword search using the term “Christian.” It still didn’t feel like we were able to really narrow down our options to like-minded Christians. We’ve said this numerous times, many people call themselves “Christians.” We prefer a service that allows us to be as specific as possible (without going too crazy on the details) about the importance of faith in the life of each member. We didn’t find PerfectMatch.com to be overly helpful in this area.
- They have 3 levels of membership: basic, premium, and platinum. It’s easier to look at the screenshot below to see the differences on the chart than to have us type them out. We just like for things to be simple and not have levels of membership that are difficult to understand. One price, one membership. Makes things easier on the consumer and keeps us from feeling nickel and dimed.
However, at PerfectMatch.com you can review your matches for FREE by following this link, so what do you have to lose?
- Best Christian Dating Sites :: How-to guide on helping you pick the Christian Dating Site that’s best for you.
- eHarmony.com Review
- ChristianMingle.com Review
- Match.com Review
- ChristianCafe.com Review
*Photo credit: MunirHamdan