Our Christian Crush Review Bottom Line:
- GOOD: The best Christian filters of any site we’ve reviewed
- BAD: It’s a relatively new site, so membership is still growing
- TAKEAWAY: As Christian Crush continues to grow in membership, it could become our #1 choice for online Christian dating.
We’ve gotta say, we’re impressed with ChristianCrush.com. We haven’t found an online dating site yet that could topple eHarmony or Match for our top ratings, but if there were ever a contender, ChristianCrush.com would be it.
It seems to have much of what we think is important when it comes to finding like-minded Christians that we might want to date. They offer a lot of ways for you to vet your matches and see how they feel about church participation, their faith, their future, and, well, Jesus.
But we’re getting ahead of ourselves. Let’s talk about what makes ChristianCrush.com so good, in our opinion.
Christian Crush Review :: Why We Like It So Much
When you go to each member’s profile, you are able to see the answers, in that member’s own words, to the following things: faith history, favorite verse, money philosophy, life goals. Those answers alone can tell you a lot about a person. But then, each member’s profile also has short answers to the following: denomination, church attendance, Type A or Type B, conflict style, and Love Language. That’s a lot of good information—if for no other reason than fodder for conversation.
Granted, Christian Café asks some similar questions, like denomination and church attendance, but we like the fact that Christian Crush doesn’t get bogged down in details like eye color or fashion sense. Additionally, Christian Crush doesn’t feel as cluttered as Christian Café does with its prayer forums and other options. ChristianCrush.com is a pretty straightforward site with a better overall aesthetic than Christian Cafe.
Like eHarmony, you need to set aside a few minutes to take the 120-question personality quiz. But unlike eHarmony, the Christian Crush quiz will only take you around 10 minutes. We found it to be a fairly accurate assessment.
Video Profile Option
We’re totally digging the option of being able to record your own video message on your profile. You can upload a video of your own, or record yourself on your webcam. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth a million. This is a super helpful option that we wish more online dating sites were providing.
Once we found out that you only had to complete half of your profile before sending smiles and messages to other members, we started wondering what the point of a paid subscription was. Then we did a little research and found out that you have to be a paid member in order to include contact info in messages, as well as to be able to read messages that are sent to you. We were also pleasantly surprised to find out that there’s one price: $12.99/month. The end. That’s kinda refreshing when we’re always reading about pricing plans and contracts for months or years.
But what’s even more refreshing is Christian Crush tithes 10% of their profits to local ministries.
A Few Other Reasons We Like the Site:
- If you complete all 4 components of your profile (photo, quiz, questionnaire, video), they will give you 2 weeks free. Free is always nice.
- They give you a choice between manual or automatic renewal of your membership. One of the big complaints against online dating is that memberships auto-renew, and people are often charged because they forgot to turn that setting off. Plus, Christian Crush sends out courtesy emails to auto-renew clients to let them know they will be renewing soon.
- You are able to see how recently members have been active when you search. That helps when deciding if someone will likely respond.
- The Relationship Hotspot includes helpful dating blog posts written by founder Wyatt Fisher who has a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology.
- Christian Crush screens every subscribed member through a sex offender registry. While this might not be foolproof, we appreciate a site that keeps its members’ safety in mind.
Christian Crush Review :: Our Only Hesitation
We would so topple eHarmony from our #1 spot and replace it with Christian Crush if it were not for one thing: numbers. Christian Crush just can’t compare with the membership numbers that eHarmony has.
For example: In a search for men between the ages of 25-34, we returned 242 profiles total. Of course, as is usual, the women outnumber the men, as we returned 458 profiles. In a search for men between the ages of 35-44, we netted 140 profiles, and a search of women resulted in 412 profiles. If you take out the ones who are inactive, the number lessens.
We also noticed a large base of profiles in Colorado, which makes sense since Christian Crush is based in that state. If you’re Coloradan, this could be a good thing, but for the rest of us, it’s less than great.
Christian Crush Review :: Final Analysis
Yes, it hasn’t been around for 12+ years like some other dating sites, but we’re impressed with this site that’s only a few years old. We’re hopeful about it and we think it has potential, with further growth, to be a viable contender in the search for Best Christian Dating Sites. If you check out ChristianCrush.com, we think you’ll be glad you did.
Christian Crush Deals & Discounts
Have you tried Christian Crush? How was your experience?
Current Online Dating Deals:
Last updated: 6/20/2017
eHarmony (USA Offers):
- Special Promo Link & Code: Get 30% Off a 6-Month Membership at eHarmony.com with code SINGLEROOTS60
- Special Promo Link & Code: Get 15% Off a 12-Month Membership at eHarmony.com with code SINGLEROOTS72
eHarmony (Canada Offers):
- Get 30% Off a 6-Month Membership at eHarmony.ca with code EHCODECA
- Save 15% off a 12 month subscription to eHarmony.ca with code: EHCOUPONCA
Match.com (USA Offers):
- 74% OFF Match.com Subscription ~ Limited Time Link!
20% OffNow, 25% Off Discount Link
- 3 Day FREE Trial Link
Match.com (UK Offers):
- NEW! 25% off link for 3 & 6 month Subscriptions at ChristianMingle.com - Click Link & Save Now!
- Review Your Matches for FREE at Christian Mingle!
Best Christian Dating Sites Rankings
|Monthly Price Range||Number of Members||Ease of Use||Christian Filters||Best Deal Link|
|$19.95 to $59.95|
Tip: How to Get an eHarmony Free Trial
|High||Simple||Excellent||30% Off 6-Month Membership! Use this link with this code at checkout: SINGLEROOTS60|
|$16.99 to $36.99||High||Quite a Few Details||Fair||25% off discount link for Match.com|
|$16.99 to $32.99||High||Option-Overload||Good||25% Off Link! |
For 3 & 6 Month Subscriptions at ChristianMingle.com. Click & Save Now!
|$8.99 to $34.97||Medium||Option-Overload||Excellent||10-Day Free Trial|
|$12.99||Low||Simple||Excellent||2-Week Free Trial|