Have you ever noticed that there’s a Match.com 6-month guarantee? If you look at their subscription options, you’ll find them heavily promoting a 6-month membership along with a guarantee that if you don’t find a special someone in 6 months, they’ll give you 6 additional months for free. At first glance it sounds like a good deal, but is it legit?
We’ve been looking into this guarantee—you know, reading the fine print and seeing what other people on the internet have to say about it—and breaking down all the nitty gritty details for you. Hey, that’s what we’re here for.
Of course, like all things online, it’s easy to find a ton of folks who think it is a scam. But when we investigated further and looked at those users’ reasoning for classifying it as such, we found that many of them are usually missing some part of the Match.com requirements for the guarantee.
Lean in closely, grasshopper, and let us tell you what we’ve learned about the Match 6-month guarantee so that if you decide you want to take them up on their offer, you aren’t left with a non-refundable auto renew of another 6 months when all is said and done. Here’s how it works:
- You’ll need to sign up for a 6-month subscription and pay for it. It has to be the 6-month one. It’s not offered on any other subscriptions. (Pro Tip: Use this 20% Off Discount to sign up and save even more money.)
- Then you’ll need to create a truthful Match.com profile with a primary photo that’s always visible to the public. (Like, don’t leave your profile without a photo at any point.) That profile photo must be uploaded and approved within the first 7 days of your subscription in order for you to be eligible for the Guarantee Program.
- Every month, you have to either respond to or initiate contact with at least 5 unique Match.com members through the Match.com email service. “Unique” = people you have not previously communicated with.
Now, if you look at the Guarantee rules, it seems like that’s it. Simple, right? But no, grasshopper, it’s all about the fine print…
- Those 5 unique emails we mentioned in #3? They can be either emails you sent to new people you’ve never talked to before or they can be responses you send to new people who’ve reached out to you. However, they must be emails. Winks, Match Phone, or Match Instant Messaging do not count. Neither do emails you’ve sent from your own personal email account. They must be through Match’s email system because Match.com wants to be able to verify them. Their money, their guarantee, their rules.
- The rules also say “a minimum of 5.” It never hurts to play it safe and communicate with more than 5 because you probably won’t know until it’s too late if somehow one of those communications didn’t count.
- Match.com provides participants with a “Guarantee Program Progress Page” where you can track your progress toward eligibility. It’s here on this Progress page that DURING the last 7 days of the Guarantee Program you MUST AFFIRM that you haven’t met someone special.
- If found eligible, you won’t receive a refund for the 6 months you’ve been using Match.com. You will receive an extension of your membership in the form of another 6-month membership.
- HERE’S WHAT TRIPS A LOT OF PEOPLE UP: If you don’t accept your Guarantee Extension on that Progress Page during that last 7 days of your subscription, then you will automatically be billed for another 6 months.
Go back and read #8 again. No, really. We’ll wait. Because that’s why so many people on the internet are fired up. Read it again and don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Match is strict about making people follow their specific guidelines in order to get the 6 months, but then they are giving away 6 free months. All of us know that most businesses don’t just give those things away when we bat our eyes and ask nicely. (Well, some might if you ask politely.) Plus, it’s good accountability. It forces you to talk to at least 30 unique people in 6 months, whereas without that pressure, you might talk to a few folks and then trail off.
Make sure you dot your “i’s” and cross your “t’s,” though. Set some calendar alerts or reminders on your phone or something. Otherwise, you’ll be automatically billed for another 6 months and then you’ll be one more ticked off patron on the internet.
Bottom Line: If you read the fine print, follow Match.com’s instructions, and don’t find your special someone at the end of 6 months, the Match.com 6-month guarantee can be a good way to get a free extension on your membership.
You’ll just have to jump through hoops to make it happen.
SAVE EVEN MORE MONEY:
Use this 20% Off Discount to save on a Match.com 6-month subscription!
Have you ever used the Match 6-month Guarantee Program? What was your experience?
Current Online Dating Deals:
Last Updated: 1/25/2022
eharmony (USA Offers):
- Special Promo Link & Code: Get 25% Off Any Length Membership at eharmony! Use this link & code at checkout: SINGLEROOTS25
eharmony (Canada Offers):
- EXCLUSIVE Promo: Get a
10-day17-Day ChristianCafe.com FREE trial! Use this LINK to get offer :: Use Promo Code: SingleRoots17
Best Christian Dating Sites Rankings
|Monthly Price Range||Number of Members||Ease of Use||Christian Filters||Best Deal Link|
|$19.95 to $59.95|
Tip: How to Get an eharmony Free Trial
|High||Simple||Excellent||25% Off Any Membership! Use this link with this code at checkout: SINGLEROOTS25|
|$12.49 to $29.99||High||Simple||Fair||Browse Zoosk for Free!|
|$16.99 to $32.99||High||Option-Overload||Good||Review your Christian Mingle matches for free!|
|$8.99 to $34.97||Medium||Option-Overload||Excellent||EXCLUSIVE 17-Day Free Trial! Use this link with this code at checkout: SINGLEROOTS17|