Question: How do you get a Match.com free trial?
Welcome to SingleRoots’ Online Dating Hacks, the place where we tell you how to get some free stuff. But technically, a “hack” is supposed to make life more efficient for you, and we’re not sure this makes your Match.com experience more efficient, but it does make it more economical. For three days at least.
The Fine Print: When it comes to free, the Match.com free trial isn’t much different from the eharmony free trial. You’re still going to need to get the credit card out of your wallet. We know, we know—using your credit card doesn’t mean it’s free. Well, in this case it does and it doesn’t. Keep reading…
How to Get a Match.com Free Trial:
1. Go to Match.com using this special link. You can’t just go to the site and sign-up for a free 3-day trial when you create a profile. They only make special offers for it via affiliate websites or if you’re on their email list.
2. Create your free Match.com profile. You’ll have to go through all of the profile questions. You won’t have to answer them all, but they will require you to answer certain ones. They’ll bug you to upload a profile picture, too, but you don’t have to. It’s important to remember that non-paying members can still see profiles and pictures, so as you tinker around on the site, you’ll still be able to see matches but if you want to talk to them, it’s gonna cost you.
3. Here’s where your credit card factors in: After you get your profile set up, you’ll have to select a membership package and pay for it. You’re not paying for the 3 free days, but they want you “to provide payment information so you can automatically keep your subscriber benefits after your trial is over.”
Now this is where people get mad: We’ve heard tons of complaints from people due to online dating auto-renewal features. We hear you. The only thing we can say is—all online dating sites do it. It’s the nature of the business. It’s always going to be up to you to stop the auto-renewal before it’s due.
If you want the free trial and not be charged any money, you’re going to have to stop the auto-renewal before your 3 days is up. Otherwise, they’re going to charge you for whichever subscription you chose. It’s right there in the fine print so you can’t say they didn’t tell you (and that we didn’t warn you!). Put an alert on your calendar or your phone so you don’t forget.
4. To cancel your membership after 3 days, you’ll go to the “Account Settings” and click on “Change/Cancel Membership.” It’s important to note that when you cancel your trial, all of your subscription benefits end on the spot. So if you cancel it on Day 2, then you lose access on Day 2, not when the 3-day period ends.
5. The good news is that if you like Match then you don’t have to do anything at the end of the 3 days. Your subscription will take effect and you just keep chatting it up with matches.
It’s also important to note that if you’ve recently used a Match.com free trial, you probably won’t be eligible for another one anytime soon, if at all.
So whether or not this is an online dating “hack” depends on your perspective. If keeping track of your 3-day free trial is a pain or you’re too busy to deal with the technicality of canceling the trial in 72 hours, then this might not be a good idea for you. But if you want to try before you buy–which many folks want to do–then this should definitely help you out.
Special Link: 3-Day Match.com Free Trial
Have you ever tried the Match.com free trial? What was your experience?
Current Online Dating Deals:
Last Updated: 4/6/2021
eharmony (USA Offers):
- Special Promo Link & Code: Get 25% Off Any Length Membership at eharmony! Use this link & code at checkout: SINGLEROOTS25
eharmony (Canada Offers):
- EXCLUSIVE Promo: Get a
10-day17-Day ChristianCafe.com FREE trial! Use this LINK to get offer :: Use Promo Code: SingleRoots17
Best Christian Dating Sites Rankings
|Monthly Price Range||Number of Members||Ease of Use||Christian Filters||Best Deal Link|
|$19.95 to $59.95|
Tip: How to Get an eharmony Free Trial
|High||Simple||Excellent||25% Off Any Membership! Use this link with this code at checkout: SINGLEROOTS25|
|$12.49 to $29.99||High||Simple||Fair||Browse Zoosk for Free!|
|$16.99 to $32.99||High||Option-Overload||Good||Review your Christian Mingle matches for free!|
|$8.99 to $34.97||Medium||Option-Overload||Excellent||EXCLUSIVE 17-Day Free Trial! Use this link with this code at checkout: SINGLEROOTS17|