The world of online dating is blowing up. New sites aimed at specific niches arrive on the scene every month, and our goal is to find the best dating sites for Christians.
We’ve often mentioned that not every online dating site that targets Christians is in fact run by Christians. But we do aim to spend some time honing in on those sites that are specifically run by Christians and for Christians–like, ChristianCafe.com.
Even though they might not have toppled eharmony from our #1 spot when it comes to all of the ways we evaluate sites, we did want to give you an opportunity to hear from someone at ChristianCafe.com. We thought it might help you make an even more informed decision and have a better understanding of their company. We also know they see a ton of online dating ridiculousness, so we wanted to see what kind of advice they would give to people.
We sent Fred, their online marketer, a few questions asking him why ChristianCafe.com might be your best choice when it comes to online dating. Here are his responses:
SR: SingleRoots has ranked eharmony as the #1 place for online Christian dating. Why are we wrong?
Fred: eharmony isn’t a Christian dating site. It’s a secular dating site that had it’s beginnings targeting evangelical Christians. Can they match Christians with other Christians? Of course, but it’s as much a Christian dating site as Match.com or any other secular dating site. Many Christian organizations have discontinued their relationship with eharmony after eharmony decided to not fight a lawsuit that wanted to force them to provide same-sex matching. This led to the eharmony-run “Compatible Partners.” So, yes, they can (and do) connect Christian singles, but it should not be referred to as a “Christian dating site” because it simply is not.
SR: What is one thing you wish ChristianCafe.com members (or online daters, in general) would keep in mind?
Fred: Online daters should:
1. Put their best foot forward and put time into their profiles. You’re marketing yourself! There are so many awful profiles I’ve seen. Poor quality photos, generic written responses, etc.
2. Don’t be afraid to initiate contact. You never know where it will lead! The worst case is they simply don’t respond – so what? Move on.
3. Sometimes it takes time. Don’t expect to meet your soul mate in the first two weeks (although it does happen).
4. Many see membership payments as a huge deterrent to online dating. I think many singles don’t put the payment into perspective. One year of access to meet other single Christians for just over $100 is an absolute steal. Think of how many connections you can make in an entire year? Both potential romantic connections, and simply fellowship and friendships (via features like forums, etc.). Of course, you would have to think that you could possibly be single for that long. ChristianCafe.com has an archive feature so you can put your membership ‘on hold’ if you do find interest in someone along the way. Even a three-month membership (~$50) isn’t that much when compared to other ways a single person would spend $50 in a three month time span. For many, that would be used up easily in one night out with friends. With online dating, you can communicate with people new to you (and who share your beliefs!) for that very same price — with the potential to meet the love of your life.
SR: Do you have any tips for people wanting to improve their online dating profile?
Fred: On our blog at ChristianCafe.com, I wrote an article detailing 7 tips for a better online dating profile. They are: 1) Be honest 2) Be interesting 3) Post great photos 4) Ask questions 5) Be positive 6) Spell check 7) Express your faith. You can read the full article here: Christian Dating Tips from ChristianCafe.com
SR: What’s the history behind ChristianCafe.com? What sets ChristianCafe.com apart from other online dating sites that target Christians?
Fred: Our Media Page gives more background on the company and how we’re different.
SR: For readers of SingleRoots that are on the fence about ChristianCafe.com, do you have testimonials available?
Fred: We’ve been collecting testimonials since 2002, and you can see all of them on our Testimonials Page.
Current Online Dating Deals:
Last Updated: 2/7/2023
eharmony (USA Offers):
- Special Promo Link & Code: Get 25% Off Any Length Membership at eharmony! Use this link & code at checkout: SINGLEROOTS25
eharmony (Canada Offers):
- EXCLUSIVE Promo: Get a
10-day17-Day ChristianCafe.com FREE trial! Use this LINK to get offer :: Use Promo Code: SingleRoots17
Best Christian Dating Sites Rankings
|Monthly Price Range||Number of Members||Ease of Use||Christian Filters||Best Deal Link|
|$19.95 to $59.95|
Tip: How to Get an eharmony Free Trial
|High||Simple||Excellent||25% Off Any Membership! Use this link with this code at checkout: SINGLEROOTS25|
|$12.49 to $29.99||High||Simple||Fair||Browse Zoosk for Free!|
|$16.99 to $32.99||High||Option-Overload||Good||Review your Christian Mingle matches for free!|
|$8.99 to $34.97||Medium||Option-Overload||Excellent||EXCLUSIVE 17-Day Free Trial! Use this link with this code at checkout: SINGLEROOTS17|